Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion - 15-cc538na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I would like to upgrade from 1 tb HDD to 128 GB SSD on the laptop and memory from 4 GB DDR4-2133 SDRAM (1 x 4 GB) to 8GB

Kindly advise if its possible. Can we easily remove the 1 tb HDD and put the 128 GB SSD or is the 1 TB HDD soldered to the motherboard.

Kindly suggest me the steps

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You can do both things you want to do. Here is the Service Manual:

Manual

You have the "budget" version of this model series with the Pentium 4415U processor meaning there is no M.2 slot and you may only have one memory slot. But that one slot can hold an 8 gig module of DDR4-2400 SO-DIMM which will "bridge" (downclock) to 2133 speed. The hard drive is not soldered to the motherboard and can be replaced with a 2.5 inch SATA SSD like the Samsung Evo 860 or WD Blue series 2.5 inch SATA SSD. 

See pages 37-42. I would remove the back first to see exactly what is in there and maybe you can upgrade to 8 gigs by just buying another 4 gig module. The 2.5 inch SSD goes where the hard drive is.

Post back with any other questions and please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

You can do both things you want to do. Here is the Service Manual:

Manual

You have the "budget" version of this model series with the Pentium 4415U processor meaning there is no M.2 slot and you may only have one memory slot. But that one slot can hold an 8 gig module of DDR4-2400 SO-DIMM which will "bridge" (downclock) to 2133 speed. The hard drive is not soldered to the motherboard and can be replaced with a 2.5 inch SATA SSD like the Samsung Evo 860 or WD Blue series 2.5 inch SATA SSD. 

See pages 37-42. I would remove the back first to see exactly what is in there and maybe you can upgrade to 8 gigs by just buying another 4 gig module. The 2.5 inch SSD goes where the hard drive is.

Post back with any other questions and please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

HP Recommended

Many thanks for your help, I really appreciated.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.