Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion - 15-ck004ni
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I installed a Samsung Evo 970 Plus as my OS drive and have the native 2TB HDD as storage. All working fine.

I ran a Crystal Disk Mark test on the Evo (also with the Samsung Magician software) and I'm only getting +- half the speed that the EVO should deliver

Crystal Disk Mark_Test.jpg

I have the latest Evo firmware and Samsung drivers installed.

When I checked CPU-Z it shows that the Current Link Width is at x4, but the current Link Speed is set to 2.5 GT/s, and the max can be 8.0 GT/s.

CPU-Z_Link Speed.jpg

How do I go about changing the link speed to its maximum?

Thanks for the help.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

It is my understanding that if a M.2 slot supports both SATA and NVMe SSD's like the one your notebook has, the NVMe drive performance suffers.

You can see this related discussion, and see if by chance that removing and reinserting the SSD in that Dell notebook changes anything.

Solved: Re: Hidden ADVANCED MODE IN BIOS (UEFI) - HP Support Community - 8020005

If not, there is no way you can change the slot parameters.

HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried reinstalling it but still the same performance, i.e. half speed. Guess I'll just have to live with it.

Thanks again for the help.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Sorry that trick didn't work for your notebook.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.