Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion - 15-cs0042cl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

Just wanna ask if this laptop Pavilion - 15-cs0042cl have a m2 slot? I'm planning to add an SSD Card to make the boot process faster.

Thanks,

Rex

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Yes, you can use the M2 SSD for the boot drive, you will need to install the OS on it. You can perform a clean install, or clone the drive you have at the moment to the SSD and then leave the old drive for storage, eliminating the Windows partition on it.

Upgrading RAM and Drives is an accepted practice and will not void the warranty unless you break something during the upgrade.

Let me know if you need further help,

David

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi Rex,

Yes, the notebook has support for M2 SATA3 and much faster M2 PCIe NVMe SSD such as the M2 Samsung 970 Evo Plus.

On page 54 of service manual you can see the steps to install the drive

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06248419

You will need to install the OS on the SSD for performance gain.

Max RAM is 32GB even if service manual mentions 16GB.

Hope it helps,

David

Please click on thumbs up for thanks

Please click on accept as solution if answered your question

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thank you for your response. I got my laptop few weeks ago in New Jersey and my cousin bought it for me. I'm now in Philippines and I just registered my laptop in HP website and saw that it's still under warranty. 

The laptop has 1TB Hard disk drive out of the box but I'm planning to upgrade it to SSD. I would like to know if I could use 1 SSD as Primary (OS Installed in it) and HDD as storage drive?

Also, Would like to know if the upgrade to SSD will void the warranty?

Thanks,

Rex

HP Recommended

Hi,

Yes, you can use the M2 SSD for the boot drive, you will need to install the OS on it. You can perform a clean install, or clone the drive you have at the moment to the SSD and then leave the old drive for storage, eliminating the Windows partition on it.

Upgrading RAM and Drives is an accepted practice and will not void the warranty unless you break something during the upgrade.

Let me know if you need further help,

David

HP Recommended

Thanks David!

However, since my cousin bought the laptop in New Jersey and I'm now living in PH, I just wanna know if HP Philippines service center would honor the warranty even if I don't have a proof of purchase?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.