Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion - 15-cw1011na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HI all, Thanks so much for your thoughts.

I purchased the HP Pavilion - 15-cw1011na with a HP USB-C Dock G5 (Product = 5TW10AA) 

The hope was a total single cable solution for 3 USB devices, a monitor, sound, network and power to the HP Pavillion.

I only got round to setting up the device a month after delivery and think there is an issue with compatibility - much to my horror HP have said no can do on returning the dock.

Issues:

No charge to laptop so a charger is required where the dock is based

No display support/output is making it through from the laptop

Research so far:

The HP Pavilion - 15-cw1011na spec states 1 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-C™ (Data Transfer Only, 5 Gb/s signalling rate)

Questions

Is this port unable to support all the functionality I seek? 

Is there any upgrade I could manage or alternative single cable solution you think that could help?

Before I get down in the dumps with a purchase error - could you advise if there might be any fix for the charge/monitor support?

Many thanks you wonderful bunch

Sue / Jon (son)

UK

Home consumer

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@SueDotB

I reviewed your post and I understand that the G5 Dock is not working with your computer.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

You need a Thunderbolt port to connect the G5 Dock. However, there is no Thunderbolt port on your computer.

Most of the docking stations use the USB C Thunderbolt port and there are no other options available for your computer.

I hope that answers your question and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.