Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15-e096sa
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi guys,

specs:

HP Pavilion 15-e096sa

E9j99ea - ABU
i5-3230M

I wanted to upgrade the laptop screen to a FHD one or a display thats better than the stock one please can you advise on the available options?

Additionally I wanted to know whether or not the CPU can be upgrades and if so what's the best CPU to go for?

Thank You.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Sorry to sat that model was only offered with a HD (1366 x 768) screen so the cable and motherboard are not able to support a FHD. The Intel processor is removeable and you could install an i7-3632QM CPU. 

Manual 

Post back with any more questions and please accept as solution if this is the info you needed,. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Sorry to sat that model was only offered with a HD (1366 x 768) screen so the cable and motherboard are not able to support a FHD. The Intel processor is removeable and you could install an i7-3632QM CPU. 

Manual 

Post back with any more questions and please accept as solution if this is the info you needed,. 

HP Recommended

Hi thank you for the quick reply.

Do you know if there are any other compatible screens that are better quality as in better brightness & color reproduction / LED etc?

Many thanks,

HP Recommended

Screen panels are pretty standard. You need a 15.6 inch LED laptop panel. This is HP Part number:

719873-001

Its a 40 pin bottom left 1366 x 768 (WXGA) LED screen

Not telling you to buy this but it describes the product:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-Compaq-719873-001-15-6-WXGA-Laptop-LED-LCD-Screen/162355986874?hash=item...

These are the most commonly provided laptop screens at the low end of the market and they tend to be made with eyes on cost, not quality. You can get a replacement for like 40 bucks. Usually the sellers do not specify how many brightness nits the screen puts out or any other way to tell how good it is. 

You cannot use this screen but this is a UK laptop screen dealer. Maybe contact them and say you want a premium quality panel for your laptop and they might have something:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/N156HGA-EA3-Rev-C2-15-6-DISPLAY-LED-LCD-LAPTOP-SCREEN-IPS-WXGA-FHD-350mm/...

If this does not work you want to find one that is "matte" as opposed to "glossy" as the quality tends to be better on the non-reflective type. 

Post back with any more questions and please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

HP Recommended

Thank you for help. I'm going to look into all the suggestions and see how i get along.

Many thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.