1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP Pavilion 15z-eh000 Increase VRAM

HP Recommended
Pavilion 15z-eh000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Greetings,

I come here with the question of how to increase the VRAM of the integrated Vega 8 GPU that comes with the Ryzen 7 4700u of my laptop, I bought it less than a month ago and until a few days ago I wanted to play Doom, and that's when I realized that the GPU only has 512MB of VRAM ... O_O

Notably, I ordered my laptop with 16gb DDR4 RAM and I am planning to increase the NVME SSD to 1TB. But if the GPU cannot reach even 1GB of VRAM, I don't see it very necessary ...

What information could you give me for this case? Thanks

1 REPLY 1
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
90,506 90,383 11,623 24,916
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@JLAE 

Fisrtly VRAM on your machine will dynamically go up to the max. System will do this automatically. 16GB should be plenty of spare system RAM to support VRAM. Adding more RAM won't change the rule.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation