Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Aero 13-be0006nq
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I've had this Pavilion Aero 13 for about a month and a half, and I really like it. However, I've noticed from the beginning that it suffers from a problem which I've seen other people ask about too: the battery drains while the laptop is turned off (shut down, not sleep). In my case, about 4% from one day to the next, and around 12%-15% over the weekend.

I've tried a lot of suggestions that I found on other topics with similar issues (updating the OS, the drivers, the BIOS, disabling fast boot etc.). Nothing worked.

There was another problem that kept bugging me: terrible WiFi performance. Leaving a ping on for the entire day I would see around 25%-35% packet loss. This was while working on the machine, so it was not in sleep mode. The WiFi router is about 5m away, without any obstacles between it and the laptop. Disabling 5GHz on the WiFi adapter seemed to help, somewhat, but I would still get around 15% packet loss and most of the times I would struggle with Skype calls. This machine comes with a Realtek RTL8852AE WiFi adapter installed.

Since I liked the laptop, I decided to try changing the WiFi card, instead of returning it. So I got an Intel Dual Band Wireless AX210ngw card, which is miles ahead of the Realtek. Flawless performance , solid signal, 0% packet loss on ping, no issues with Skype calls. So that was a good move.

A pleasant side-effect of ditching the Realtek WiFi card in favor of an Intel one is that my battery draining issue is gone. I see no drain from one day to the next, and over the weekends (around 65 hours shut-down time) I get 1% battery drain.

I started this topic with the hope that my experience might help others track down their battery draining problems. I know HP uses a lot of Realtek WiFi cards, which I've heard a lot of people complain about.

Bogdan

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@BogL

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help,

I understand that your HP notebook is not working correctly, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• Did you make any changes to the settings of your PC prior to the issue?
  • When was the last time it worked fine?

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. The last thing I can suggest trying to restore a computer back to the factory default, which will isolate whether it’s a software or hardware issue. 

The HP Cloud Recovery Tool allows you to download recovery software to a USB drive. You can use the downloaded recovery image file in order to install the Windows operating system. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for replying, but did you bother reading my initial message? I mentioned that the problem was solved, and I also pointed out what appeared to have caused it in the first place.

I see now why people are frustrated by HP Support representatives' messages - standard, template-based, without showing any real interest in tracking down the problem.

HP Recommended

@BogL

Thank you for posting back. 

Apologize for the inconvenience caused, this seems like a software glitch.

I am glad to know that you managed to resolve the issue. Please reach out again for any further assistance.

Have a nice day ahead.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.