07-14-2013 12:42 PM - edited 07-14-2013 02:50 PM
Hello! I have an HP Pavilion dv6700 that was not booting normally (by HD), or via CD/DVD or USB flash drive, get a black screen or reset. However, after searching I thought that could be a overheat problem. I decided to open it and replace the thermal paste. After the whole procedure, the notebook has stopped resetting alone. But now there is another problem: to make the boot work I need to press F9 and select from where I want to boot, when I let it starts himself hangs on a black screen. What is it? Anyone knows how to help?
Is that a BIOS issue?? I already updated the BIOS and now the Windows 8 is functioning perfectly.
EDIT: NEVERMIND! it is perfect now.. after a another little search i turned on notebook with keys Windows and B to start in ZOMBIE MODE and restaured the BIOS! ITS PERFECT NOW.. for the ones that had the same issue with reset and black screen(wont boot) the solution is disassembling the note and changing the therm paste.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot