Level 3
40 15 0 1
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

HP Pavilion G6 1325sa sound issue after fresh install

HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello,

Bought a SSD for my dad's laptop and reinstalled Windows 7 with the correct drivers however, the sound is playing up, there is crackling noise from the speakers when he has his headphones in, this did not happen when he had his original OS on the laptop.

The only audio devices on the laptop are High Definition Audio Device and AMD High Definition Audio Device, am I missing driver or installed a incorrect one?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 20
Level 20
120,071 110,251 17,569 26,871
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

You should be seeing an IDT HD audio device, so I would say you are missing the IDT audio driver, which controls the notebook speakers.

The AMD HD audio device controls the HDMI audio out of the HDMI port.

See if installing this IDT HD audio driver resolves the problem...

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp55001-55500/sp55082.exe

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 3
40 15 0 1
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

The sound doesn't work at all now, I tried to test it and it just says ''Failed to test device!''

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20
Level 20
120,071 110,251 17,569 26,871
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Interesting.

Do a system restore and pick a restore point to a time before you installed that driver.  That should at least restore the audio.

The driver pages are down and I googled the model number and from what I could find, that was supposed to be the driver that is linked to that model.

Then when the support pages are working again, download and install the IDT HD audio driver listed there,

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation