Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Pavilion G6 (A6 4400m) Loud and Buzzing Fan

HP Pavilion G6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Recently my HP Pavilion G6 laptop with the AMD A6 4400m has been displaying a 90B system error. After my father blew soke compressed air into rhe vent the problem seemed to resolve itself. However now the laptop's fan is making a loud humming and buzzing noise when it is operating.
1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
2840 2757 184 355
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Pavilion G6 (A6 4400m) Loud and Buzzing Fan

Hey @Jayshayy

I will absolutely do the best I can to help you resolve the fan noise you are hearing. You said that your father had cleaned out the vents with compressed air (which is a great thing to do to maintain the cleanliness of your Notebook), however one of the possibilities may be that the fan needs to be cleaned again. After the first spray of compressed air, it may have knocked some dust into the fan and that is now what is causing the issue. 

I have some great troubleshooting steps for you that have been noted to help others. Some people have found that the Accepted Solution was Restoring the BIOS default settings, stopping apps from starting when the Notebook powers or simply doing another Windows Update.

Have you done any updates using Windows Updates or the HP Support Assistant?

There is a document with steps and information for you to try. Sometimes the fan noise can be because of the Notebook overheating. This document will show you ways to help with Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating.  

Using Windows Task Manager will help you to identify corrupt processes: Services that you do not use (other than Microsoft services) can be shut down to minimize CPU usage. This is a great way to see if something in the background is causing your Notebook to be overloaded. 

If none of the troubleshooting steps above were successful in a resolution for you, please try these other steps:

There is a document called Fan is Noisy and Spins Constantly. This document has troubleshooting steps that may help. 

This is a great question other customers may also be wondering about; please click the Accept as Solution button if you feel this post has helped you, or could help others. You can say thanks easily by clicking the Thumbs Up below!

If you require further assistance, I would be more than happy to continue to help you. Please re-post with the results of the troubleshooting, answers to the questions above and any other information you can provide including your Notebook Model Number (How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?) and Which Windows Operating Systems you are running that may help. 

Have a great day! Smiley Happy

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation