Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Pavilion G6 Battery Issues & Heat Issues

I still have HP g7 Notebook, my son hijacked it a while, my other laptops in repair. Is there a way with to have the low battery tell you it's about to abruptly shut off? I'm doing all the other updates.

Thanks,

ange115

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,360 12,338 1,165 2,425
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Pavilion G6 Battery Issues & Heat Issues

Hi @ange115,

Thanks for taking an interest in the HP Support Forums! Good day! 🙂 I reviewed the post about battery issues on the computer and the computer abruptly shutting down when the battery is low without any notification. It will be a delight to assist you here. 🙂

Superb effort, brilliant troubleshooting and commendable diagnosis of the issue before posting.  Kudos to you on that score. 🙂  You are a valued HP customer and it is paramount to assist you here. I take it as a privilege to share this platform with you. 🙂

To assist you better I would require more information regarding this.

• Please provide the complete model# and the operating system of the unit to assist you better?
  • Does the battery not hold any charge?
  • Have you updated the bios?
  • Did you calibrate and test the battery?

For now please try all the prescribed  steps in this document to improve battery performance: http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01297640

Please hover the mouse pointer over the battery icon on the lower right corner of the taskbar periodically and that will show the diminishing battery percentage for you. To display battery is low notification please perform these steps:

• Also go to power options>change plan settings under balanced option> advanced power settings> Low battery level> on battery> change it to 20%
  • Do the same for plugged in also.
  • Critical Battery level > change it to 10%
  • Plugged in > also to 10%
  • Low battery notification>  change it to on
  • Plugged in also change it to on.
  • Low battery action > Change it to Do nothing
  • Plugged in > change it to do nothing
  • Reserve battery level> change it to 10%
  • Plugged in> change it to 10%
  • Then restart the computer and check if it does the trick for you.

.Also update the bios and chipset drivers from this link: http://hp.com/drivers and follow the on-screen instructions.

Hope this helps.   I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. 🙂  Please reach out for any issues and I'll always be there to assist you always. 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation