Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Power Laptop 15-cb008nt
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I started having problems after doing bios update and windows update on my computer HP Pavilion Power Laptop 15-cb008nt. The processor runs at 3.5-3.7 ghz at high frequency all the time, naturally, when the fan heats up, the fan speed starts rotating at high speed and the fans make noise. I clean my laptop and change thermal paste with coolermaster jel maker this is the best of thermal paste. I make it 3 times and try nothing changed. I upgraded to F19.A latest version bios. My guess is because of this. We are expecting a new bios update for this model from HP. When I try to recover the bios, although I do all the steps correctly, I do win + b and hold the power button for 2 seconds and keep pressing the win + b for 1-2 seconds and I quit, but I get different memories every time and I get the bios file not found error even though I shoot several times. . I can only solve the problem when I use the maximum processor up to 2.7 ghz by making the processor upper limit 99% from the power options and when i used balanced power. When I make a few adjustments to the power settings, the fan noise and warmth decrease but we have stolen from the performance of the machine. I am waiting for help from the hp support team with knowledge of how to resolve this situation.

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Does anyone have any solutions?

HP Recommended

@Ak-r

Welcome to HP support community.

Here are the steps to fix heating issue:- Click here

Refer this HP document to fix fan noise issue:- Click here

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have done all the specified operations many times before. All drivers are up to date, windows version is up to date. Power settings made. I was not experiencing this situation before updating the bios. I encountered the situation after updating. It was also made with thermal paste and maintenance. My problem continues. Our request from hp is to distribute a fixed bios version of the problem as users using this series.

HP Recommended

@Ak-r

Try performing bios recovery to fix the issue.

Here are the steps:- Click here

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I applied the bios recovery process several times one by one, all the steps are done by preparing the USB memory with the correct recovery tool, but I get the error as the bios file was not found even though I tried with 2-3 different usb memory. I would be glad if you can help with this. Also, what is the factory version or the most stable bios version of the model?

HP Recommended

@Ak-r

I request you to talk to HP support.

They might have multiple options to help you with this.

1. Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true
  2. Select the country.
  3. Enter the serial of your device.
  4. Select the country from the drop-down.
  5. Click on "Show Options".
  6. Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.