Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15-ec0001nq
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi!

I have a very big problem.

I recently bought  HP Pavilion Gaming 15-ec0001nq and I installed them Windoes 10  Pro x64 ver 1903.

I have AMD Ryzen 5 3550H processor.

My problem is that the dedicated video card GTX 1050 does not work.

Graphics card: integrated - amd radeon rx vega 8 / dedicated - nvidia gtx 1050 3gb

The video card eat 2.1 gb of the ram. is very much.  From 8gb i have availabe 5.9gb. I did update from 2x4GB ddr4 2666 cl19 samsung to 2x8GB ddr4 2400 cl14 hyperx. Now, same problem, i have availabe 13.9gb. Sad 😞 

In the bios there are no settings for video cards. Is the weakest and minimalis bios.

From amd radeon settings i cannot change between integrated or dedicated and from nvidia control panel i give them to go only on gtx1050 and also on integrated it goes. 

Integrated Vega 8 board in applications, web and games has 20% ,50% etc but the dedicated gtx 1050 board has 1% maximum 2% in 2 seconds then only stays in 0% with game, web and applications open. 
I'm loaded with the laptop and the best performance.

In games goes with lag, software falls for example the Catia v5 goes with lag, SolidWorks 2018 or 2020 doesn't work.
I tried all possible variants.
I need help.
I think a bios update would fix many or at least some drivers because it's a bug between AMD Vega 8 and Nvidia gtx1050.

HP, Please help  me 😞 

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Andreeass

Welcome to HP support community.

Here's a video on how to disable the "turbo mode" that causes this issue: Click here 

  

If you aren't able to disable it permanently, use the below steps: 

If you are running windows 8 it could be an admin rights problem. 

Navigate to this folder: 

C:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static 

Find CCC.exe, right click>properties>compatibility tab 

Tick the 'run this program as an administrator' option and hit ok. 

Do the same thing for MOM.exe 

You may have to restart the PC for the changes to take effect, then try disabling overdrive, restart the game to see if it fixes it. 

For more assistance, please check a similar HP Forums post (Resolved): Click here 

Also perform an extensive hardware test to check for any hardware failure:

1. Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

2. Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.

3. On the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu, click System Tests.

4. Click Extensive Test.

5. Click Run once, or Loop until error. While the test is running, the time remaining and test result for each component are shown on the screen.

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Same laptop, brand new gift, GTX 1050 3GB not detected, no Nvidia Control Panel.

HP Recommended

@BarbaraH1

Welcome to HP support community.

Check in device manager if it is detected

Click the bottom-left Start button on desktop, type device manager in the search box and tap Device Manager on the menu.

If yes, 

Run Extensive system test to check for hardware failures.

1. Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

2. Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.

3. On the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu, click System Tests.

4. Click Extensive Test.

5. Click Run once, or Loop until error. While the test is running, the time remaining and test result for each component are shown on the screen.

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

im having same problem.

pavilion 15 ec0xxx

Operating system
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Microprocessor
AMD Ryzen 5 3550H with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx

System memory
8 GB

Memory slot 1
4GB Micron Technology 3200MHz
Memory slot 2
4GB Micron Technology 3200MHz

System board
86D4 96.31

System BIOS
F.05

i have both card instaled and showed in device manager. 
i trz to disable onboard graphic and after that i cant change resolution and nvidia is still not showing in nvidia control centre. pls help me
HP Recommended

@doktorthi
Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Firstly, perform Hard Reset: Follow steps from the link: https://hp.care/2GnkMa8. (do not skip any troubleshooting steps even if you feel steps are repeating)

Next BIOS default:

1. Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
  2. Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
  3. On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
  4. Press F10 to Save and Exit.
  5. Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
  6. Follow the prompts to restart your computer. If the issue persists, follow the next steps.

Perform Windows Update and HP Support Assistant: (do not skip any troubleshooting steps if you feel steps are repeating) 

To check for updates now, select the Start button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update, and select Check for updates.

Install updates from HP Support Assistant: Go to Download HP Support Assistant to install the tool.

1. To open the HP Support Assistant, double-click the HP Support Assistant icon https://support.hp.com/doc-images/932/c05040382.jpg.
  2. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.
  3. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
  4. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
  5. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
  6. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

And, also run BIOS Update: Follow steps from the link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c00042629

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.