Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion Gaming cx0056wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

A broken hinge seems to be a very common problem with these gaming laptops.

This laptop was purchased  new in December 2018, a few weeks ago the laptop would make creaking and cracking noises when I would open or close it.

The hinge just completely broke and the screen is completely misaligned with the body and the bezel and back of the screen are coming off and I can see the hinge under it now. 

This is with normal usage and the laptop would stay on my desk.

Does HP plan to do anything about such a widespread problem with what appears to be defective parts?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@M1ke_017

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

This situation will need some additional support from our internal teams in HP. For that to happen, we will give you additional instructions/information via Private Message.

Please do check your inbox on the forums page for the private message.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

It has been over a week since I sent my info and case details to the HP employee who contacted me and I have still not gotten a response from HP. 

HP Recommended

My repaired unit was supposed to be delivered yesterday (10/05/20). I have not received it yet, HP has not emailed/ texted me about any delays. I have tried using the virtual assistant and there is no way to speak to a live representative. I would just like an update on my case because the order status is "on hold" and I would just like more info on what is happening with my computer. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.