jrotimi67
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Pavilion Laptop 15-cc6xx nvme m2

HP Pavilion Laptop 15-cc6xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi everybody. Hope you can help me. I have the HP Pavilion Laptop 15-cc6xx and i've just purchased an HP EX920 nvme M.2  SSD drive to upgrade my storage. 
I installed the HP EX920 M.2 SSD but the it's not showing in the bios.
The laptop manual http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05493762 on page 43 says the laptop can accept an M.2 but it's not showing up on the bios.
I'm trying to use the M.2 as boot drive.

Can anybody please help.

Thanks 

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
10,961 10,744 725 708
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Pavilion Laptop 15-cc6xx nvme m2

@jrotimi67

If it is not showing up in BIOS means the Notebook is not even detecting the new SSD

Please remove the SSD, reinstall it and then perform a BIOS Defaults

1. Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.

2. Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.

3. On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.

4. Press F10 to Save and Exit.

5. Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?

6. Follow the prompts to restart your computer.

Have you tried the SSD on any other Notebook just to confirm the Hardware Functionality?

Keep me posted 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation