Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion Notebook M15-ab292nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello there HP support and viewers alike. New user here who's been lurking around as a guest for a very long time seeking help constantly from the forums. It does seem that I have run into one of my own unique problems, I won't waste time so I'll cut to the chase:

Problem:

My HP Pavilion Laptop, Model 15 - ab292nr, running Windows 10(64-bit) has shutdown and refuses to start up. The most surprising and perplexing thing to me is that it just did this suddenly and randomly after I booted up a 2004 video game. The screen went black instantly, the fan stopped and there was completely no power. The screen was at full brightness right before I initiated this, indicating the battery supply was constantly being recharged and was no where close of touching 0% charge.

The laptop has completely no lights, and the AC adapter doesn't seem to charge as it does not heat itself whilst plugged into a power outlet. I've already tried a hard reset but to no avail. My only hope is to turn to the forums for help from qualitifed experts.

I've read a lot of similiar problems with sudden shutdowns and refusal to start once again, and some seem to be linked to motherboard issues. I hope this isn't the case and it's just related a sort of power surge and can be easily fixed.

Any good solutions?

Thanks in advance.

PS: The warrenty should be in effect, I only had this laptop for 2 months (Obtained and activated mid-July).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi@Aaronist,

I thank you for the reply.

I suggest you try the link below to order any required HP Genuine components from the link below.

http://hp.care/2c4CEWL

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status.

Happy posting.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @Aaronist. Welcome to HP Support forums.  Appreciate all the diagnosing steps you did. Pretty much indicates that there could be a hardware issues. Since the PC is 2 months old,  recommend contacting phone support.

Please follow the below link to reach phone support.

http://hp.care/2bjG4nE

Let me know if that helped.

Resolv_S

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Hello, and thank you for the welcome, as well as the compliment. I have come to the obvious conclusion it is a hardware issue, therefore set on obtaining replacement parts. The problem is either the power supply or the motherboard, I eventually will get it looked after, or later in the future purchase a better laptop (Most likely the HP Gaming Laptop Omen).

Thank you for the solution, much appreciated, but I doubt phone support would assist me in this issue significantly.

Despite the outcome, kudos for assistance.

HP Recommended

Hi @Aaronist,

Thanks for the reply.

Hope everything is taken on your HP Product after you have contacted the phone support.

Let me know for more.

Resolv_S

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, Glad to help you

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Hello again, I apologize for the late response as well as the lack of a proper update on the situaton.

I have been unsuccessful in attempting to reach customer support, and later turned to local experts for a proper diagonse. After the laptop was brought back after being inspected, it turns out the motherboard of the Pavillion was damaged, which would explain the inability to power up.

So in response, I'd like to possible buy a replacement motherboard if possible.

May I kindly request a link to the motherboard?

Thanks in advance.

HP Recommended

Hi@Aaronist,

I thank you for the reply.

I suggest you try the link below to order any required HP Genuine components from the link below.

http://hp.care/2c4CEWL

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status.

Happy posting.

Resolv_S

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.