Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ConfusedPerson2
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Pavilion Laptop shuts down when unplugged. Battery is not dead.

HP Pavilion 15-n048ca Notebook
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

Okay, so my operating was originally Windows 8, I upgraded it to Windows 10. And so, when I unplug my battery, it shuts off imediately. It never leaves my desk and I just fixed it from a hard drive problem. It has 92% battery, I don't want to waste money for it, since I just fixed it. And when I search up the problem it says something about a power mode but it doesn't even show that. I'm not sure if other people have this problem but I am pretty mad. And no I never dropped it. Do I need to replace my battery if so, where and how do I replace it? 

Laptop Info:

HP Pavilion 15-n048ca Notebook PC

Model #:E9G69UA

Serial #:[personal information removed]

2 REPLIES 2
hamede10
Level 2
18 13 1 4
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Have you ever remove the battery during the laptop is on posititon and you pluge your AC power charger?

If you remove or insert your battery during you pluge AC power charger, may be this happen.

0 Kudos
ConfusedPerson2
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No, I never did that before. I tried doing a full shutdown as well, I also figured it was a battery problem because if I take out the battery, it turns on just fine. I don't do this with it plugged in because the cord gets twisted and it might break. (Or something else) 

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation