Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

I really don't know why HP doesn't give any reaction on such an easy question. "Not possible" is also an answer, so we don't have to look any further and throw the thing in the bin. But for a prestisieus company like HP there must be a solution.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@VS65

Welcome to HP support community.

To enable FN Lock on the Keyboard: 

• Press the FN key, and the pad Lock key at the same time.
  • To disable FN Lock, press the FN key, and the pad Lock key at the same time again.

Please note that the pad lock key is the key with pad lock on the extreme top Right corner. 

Let me know how it goes for further assistance. 

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem with my HP Pavilion Notebook (Can not use the Function Keys). However, I do not have a Unlock/Lock FN Key in the right hand corner of my keyboard. How do I get access or unlock my FN Keys?

HP Recommended

@The_Vin_Man
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• What is the product number of your device? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824  (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).
  • What is the operating system?

Keyboard function keys (f1 through f12) often have a printed icon that indicates a secondary action, such as muting sound or adjusting display brightness. The secondary functionality is sometimes called action keys mode or hotkeys. 

• Note: If your computer doesn't have FN key that means you cannot use those function keys instead you can use the action keys which act as a secondary action.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, your suggestion doesn't work. Pad lock works as locking account hotkey, so every time I try suggested FN+padlock, it locks my account and I need to sign in. Switching to FN keys doesn't work.

HP Recommended

@macfrickins

Appreciate you trying the steps. I'd suggest you Contact HP in your region regarding this.

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.