Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion X360

I have the same issue as many other HP Pavilion X360 owners, where the screen is popping out of frame in the lower right corner and causing the plastic in the cover to crack.  Although I am being as careful as possible not to cause further damage, it seems inevitable that it will break off in due time.  I have similar concerns about the expense being posed by HP to fix what appears to be a manufacturing defect.  HP-Please advise what the remedy is at this time.  Consumers-Please provide the status of any class action suit and how I can be included.  Thank you!  

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi Mhlebrun_in_FL

Also I'm not trying to defend HP regarding the problem you're facing, I usually see that kind of problem on cheaper laptops.

Generally the problem is due to the way users open their laptop. As the crack appeared on the right corner, I can imagine you open your laptop with your left hand from the top left corner.

By the way, I don't blame you and don't think you are guilty :-). Maybe the product hinges are weak/faulty.

Anyway, for further use, I advise you to always open your laptop with both hands either one in the middle of the screen and the other in the middle of the hand cover or both hands on screen corners.

System and network administrator since 2004. Sometimes I help you, sometimes you help me. If my answer helped you, feel free to thumb up 🙂
HP Recommended

@mhlebrun_in_FL

Welcome to HP Support Community

I understand your concerns and frustrations

I will escalate your case to HP's regional escalation team and a case manager will get back to you

Please check your Inbox

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.