08-30-2016 02:38 PM - edited 08-30-2016 11:47 PM
I live in Germany and only want to order products from Germany. The original spare part 449454-001 is too expensive (45€) here for such an old notebook. Hence I search for compatible USB/power connector boards.
My notebook was in repair during its warranty time. Obviously even HP did replace the power connector board with another one, because my current one has the model number: DDAT8APB2004507.
1. Could sth. happen to my hardware when using a spare part having the following characteristics?
- both connectors from the power board to the mainboard fit
- the connector from the power supply to the power jack fits
- the power of 65W is correct
2. Is the DC jack pin size of 1,65mm correct?
3. I consider buying a part with the modell number DA0AT8TB8F2 (German). According to this page (English) many HP spare parts and model numbers should be compatible to each other or am I getting sth. wrong?
HP PartSurfer does not show any compatible products.
My current power connector board:
08-30-2016 04:57 PM
All I can say is that there are Part Numbers for a reason. Yes, even if the non-standard part you want to buy connects on both ends and seems to be the same, the electronics on the circuit board might be different and might fry your motherboard. And the links to the pictures all informed me after trying to look at the image that I had won something and I should pick a weapon of some sort for a game. I read a bit of German. Enough to be dangerous. And you kind of hamstring us with "I only want to buy from Germany". Very nice.
08-30-2016 11:49 PM - edited 08-31-2016 12:06 AM
Sorry, I did not know about the ads in the image links.
I corrected the links in the original post to hot links hopefully without ads.
" And you kind of hamstring us with "I only want to buy from Germany"."
OK, I would also accept items from the USA or the European Union assumed they are new and cost less than 25$.