Honor Student
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Pavilion fan makes buzzing noise

HP Pavilion 15-au078sa
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there, I just got this new HP laptop and it works smoothly but the fan makes a constant buzzing noise from startup. The fan doesn't seem to be running very fast and I think the noise sounds abnormal and is unlike anything I'd ever heard from my old laptop. I turned off the fan constantly running setting in the BIOS (and now the laptop is completely silent) which is a temporary solution but I'd like to know if this is  fault that I should get looked at.

1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
55 40 2 7
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Pavilion fan makes buzzing noise

Hey @Rchl123,

Thanks for posting on the HP forums!

I understand you believe the fan in your new notebook seems louder than it should be.  I'll try to help you with that.

First, I do not recommend that you r turn the fan off.  This can cause excess heat and a multitude of heat related issues by doing this.  What I would check for next is any foam, paper, debris that may be lodged in there from unpacking the machine.  I would also use a few bursts of computer duster to see if that clears it up.  I would also recommend following these documents: HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the Laptop to Prevent Overheating & HP Notebook PCs - Fan is Noisy and Spins Constantly, PC is Warmer than Normal.

Let me know if these helped.

Actions speak louder than words, please click the Thumbsup.JPG below to show you like/appreciate my post or to say thanks!

Please share what worked for you with others by marking this post as solved. It only takes a second to click the Accept as Solution button.

RedViking6
I work on behalf of HP
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation