Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion g6 1040-ex
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi

I purchased HP Pavilion g6 1040-ex with product number LP233EA#A2N from Saudi Arabia.

1. I would like to upgrade my RAM. What can be maximum RAM this laptop can work with?
  2. What are the part number of this RAM?
  3. In case the part numbers are not available in the local market, are there alternatives available?

TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The manual says:

Supports up to 8 GB of system memory

Memory modules (1066 MHz, DDR3) ● 4 GB PC3 10600 1333 MHz shared 621569-001

https://www.amazon.com/HP-621569-001-1333MHz-PC3-10600-SODIMM/dp/B005UF674S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1...

You would be able to use any DDR3-1333 SO-DIMM (i.e. laptop memory). It must be low density and that means 8 black blocks on the side of the chip like the module in the picture. 

See p. 51 of the Manual here for "how-to":

Manual

That is an older laptop from maybe 4-5 years ago, you know? Also if you really have 32 bit Windows 7 on it you will not be able to effectively add memory. It takes the 64 bit version to run 4 or more gigs of RAM. Specs say that model was delivered with 3 gigs of RAM and 64 bit Windows 7 Home Premium so not sure what you have now. 

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

The manual says:

Supports up to 8 GB of system memory

Memory modules (1066 MHz, DDR3) ● 4 GB PC3 10600 1333 MHz shared 621569-001

https://www.amazon.com/HP-621569-001-1333MHz-PC3-10600-SODIMM/dp/B005UF674S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1...

You would be able to use any DDR3-1333 SO-DIMM (i.e. laptop memory). It must be low density and that means 8 black blocks on the side of the chip like the module in the picture. 

See p. 51 of the Manual here for "how-to":

Manual

That is an older laptop from maybe 4-5 years ago, you know? Also if you really have 32 bit Windows 7 on it you will not be able to effectively add memory. It takes the 64 bit version to run 4 or more gigs of RAM. Specs say that model was delivered with 3 gigs of RAM and 64 bit Windows 7 Home Premium so not sure what you have now. 

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

HP Recommended

I have 64 bit OS with me. I was really hoping to have more than 8 GB allowed.

Thank you.

HP Recommended

8 GB max was standard with the first generation Intel Core processors, even on desktop models. At one time not too long ago, 8 gigs was a fantastic, huge amount of memory. HP now sells laptops that will take 64 gigs of RAM. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.