1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Pavilion is not working

Pavilion n290sa
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

Hello

First off all I would like to apologize about the language, English is not my first language ....

and I really dont know in what section should I put my question....

I have problem with my laptop HP Pavilion 15- n290sa

Product Number F7T56EA

My case is

A few days ago I left my laptop on over night. The next morning i could switch my laptop on because battery was completely dead. So i plugged in charger and pressed power button.

Laptop started but I saw a Warning message on the white screen about Critical battery level.

That freaked me out because I have never receive that kind of message before...  so I switched off my laptop and switched on again... At least I have tried to switch on.

It didnt start at all. No lights, no noise, nothing....

I dont know what I should do now?

Did I possibly burn my laptop??

My warranty has expired long time ago.

I would be very happy if someone can help me with this...

Thank you

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
2,840 2,755 184 359
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Pavilion is not working

Hi there @libraqq, 

Thank you for joining in on the HP Support Forums and Welcome! This is a great place to ask questions, find solutions and get help from HP and the community! I read your post on the HP Support Forums. I wanted to reach out to you and help! I understand that you received an error message about your battery and now your HP Pavilion 15-n290sa Notebook PC will not turn on at all.   

Have you tried performing a hard reset?

What exactly did the error message say, do you remember?

Do you have any beep codes or blinking LED lights

Does the battery indicator LED, located near the power icon come on at all?

Does the battery indicator LED, does it always blink?

If you remove the notebook battery, plug the AC power cable back into the notebook, then turn it on, does it power the Notebook?

Please make sure that the AC adapter cable is not plugged into a power strip, surge protector, or secondary power source. It should be directly into a wall outlet. 

Here is a document called Battery Does Not Power Notebook or Hold a Charge. If your notebook computer battery does not power the notebook or will not hold a charge, troubleshoot the battery to see if it needs to be replaced.

Here is a link to the HP Support Assistant if you need it. Just download and run the application and it will help with the software and drivers on your system that need updating.

If you manage to get the Notebook to come back on please try doing a Hardware Test. HP provides diagnostic software that you can use to test hardware components on your computer; to rule out or confirm hardware failures when something is wrong. 

If you require further assistance, I would be more than happy to continue to help you. Please just re-post with the results of the troubleshooting.

Thank you!

Have a great day! Smiley Happy

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation