10-14-2016 06:09 AM
Computer is running slow and I was looking to add ram. I currently have 8GB installed (2 4GB sticks) and by all accounts, I believe that is the maximum allowed. Looking to confirm that I am not able to boost the ram any further. Thanks!
10-17-2016 09:39 AM
Hi! @GunnyDunn1064, Welcome to HP forums.
I understand you need to know whether you can add more memory (RAM) on your laptop.
According to the specifications of your laptop. Your laptop should support up to 16GB memory.
Please find the part number for memory.
8-GB memory module 670034-001
You can insert two 8GB memory modules to make it 16GB memory.
Please find the maintenance and service guide for your laptop using this link: http://hp.care/2eyjZ9L
Hope to hear from you soon!
I am an HP Employee
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot