Post new question
Question

Intern
Message 1 of 10 (154 Views)

HP Pavilion shuts off unexpectedly

Product Name: HP Pavilion g6-1322se
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

hi

i have recently made a cleaning for my laptop HP Pavilion g6, i disembled it cleaned the fan and changed the thermal-paste for the processor, now i have a headache problem, everytime i push the keyboard keys near the fan or those above the processor slightly stonger, the laptop turn off like if the power has cut, can anyoone advise what to do please, i verified everything inside many times but cant figure out whats wrong

thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Retired
Message 2 of 10 (139 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion shuts off unexpectedly

[ Edited ]

Hi @Simoor,

I hope you enjoy your visit to the HP Support Forums. I understand you are having an issue with the computer turning off after cleaning. I will be glad to help you.

There must be a missing spacer or a loss screw.  Please disassemble and check all the cables and screws.

Here is the Maintenance and Service Guide for reference.

Please keep me informed of how things went. 

If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".
To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below! Smiley Happy

Thanks.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Intern
Message 3 of 10 (137 Views)

thank you for the advise, yes a do too think the same, can i have please a direct link to the page of the motherboard design, where i can see screws placements

Provost
Message 4 of 10 (135 Views)

P. 75 of the Manual here:

Service Manual

Only a couple screws hold down the motherboard but there are a lot of other parts that attach and indirectly hold down the board. 

I would pay particular attention to the power button board connection. See p. 61. 

Retired
Message 5 of 10 (130 Views)

Hi @Simoor,

Ref to the link in my post for Maintenance and Service Guide and go to page 45 and work thought the pages step by step.

Hope this helps.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Intern
Message 6 of 10 (127 Views)

thanks a lot i will recheck

Intern
Message 7 of 10 (117 Views)

[ Edited ]

hi again

can you please advise, its seems im missing some screws, any ideas where i can buy those phillips screws, i check in ebay and some other websites wihout success

will those be ok plz ?from aliexpress

Retired
Message 8 of 10 (105 Views)

Hi @Simoor,

There are computer screw kits at HP part Surfer or many other places.  I go to hardware store like Home depo, But I know the size and shape if the screw I need.

Hope this helps.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Provost
Message 9 of 10 (103 Views)

[ Edited ]

Screw kit ● Phillips 2.5×3.0 screw ● Phillips 2.5×5 nylon screw ● Phillips 3.0×2.0 screw ● Phillips 2.5×6.5 screw ● Phillips 2.5×10.3 screw ● Phillips 4.0×2.5 screw 637194-001

This screw kit will have most, if not all the same screws:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/640879-001-NEW-GENUINE-HP-SCREW-KIT-ASSEMBLY-PAVILION-G6-1D-SERIES-/23100815...

Intern
Message 10 of 10 (95 Views)

thanks a lot !

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation