Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Appreciate advice for this SSD issue.

I had cloned the system C drive SSD 128GB to external SSD  1TB via Macrium Reflect 7.

The cloning looks fine. Laptop Windows 10 detected it.

SSD config.png

But the issue is that the SSD 1TB cannot boot up. BIOS updated to boot from SSD1TB. 

I wonder if the Pavilion laptop can support 1TB SSD or there is a lock preventing it ?

Reflect_Install.log and SSD Config download below

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1mGs0bLQZYiEbKllc9oJUVrLoHMn8uZB-?usp=sharing

Action 13:36:09: WelcomeDlg.
Action start 13:36:09: WelcomeDlg.
DEBUG: Error 2826: Control Description on dialog WelcomeDlg extends beyond the boundaries of the dialog on the bottom by 16 pixels
The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2826. The arguments are: WelcomeDlg, Description, on the bottom
Info 2898. For DlgFont8 textstyle, the system created a 'Tahoma' font, in 0 character set, of 16 pixels height.
Info 2898. For BlueHeading textstyle, the system created a 'Tahoma' font, in 0 character set, of 33 pixels height.
DEBUG: Error 2826: Control UpgradeDescription on dialog WelcomeDlg extends beyond the boundaries of the dialog on the bottom by 16 pixels
The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2826. The arguments are: WelcomeDlg, UpgradeDescription, on the bottom.

Info :  

SSD 1TB : 

1TB WD Blue 3D NAND SATA SSD M.2 2280

HP Pavilion Laptop :
Model: 14-ce0063TX
ProdID:  4PC32PA#AB4

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@DS369 

Please use other software, looked like Macrim Reflect 7 did not work. I normally use the 5th one on the following list

https://www.techradar.com/au/best/best-disk-cloning-software

I also tested the 2nd one. I used to use paid version of O&O DiskImage 12.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks BH for the response. 

I tried the #5, free version without resize/expansion. Free version for a trial first.

But it has the same boot up issue as Macrium Reflect 7, so I wonder if  WD Blue SSD SATA driver issue or 1TB SSD SATA is not supported for this Pavilion Laptop model...

Thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.