Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

I’m using a HP Pavilion x2 - 12-b096ms which provides an USB-C 3.1 port. I want to use more ports and bought a HP USB-C Multiport Hub (1BG944AA) with USB-C input and HDMI, USB-C and USB ports. The multiport also supports power delivery / pass-through charging via USB-C.

However when I plug in the multiport hub, my laptop recognizes it, USB port is working however the passthrough charging is not working.  I know HP is sensitive on using original devices only for charging, however I didn’t expect that an original accessory is not supported. The multiport hub is working perfectly fine with my other Lenovo laptop and iPad Pro, but not with the HP Pavilion X2 which should be the most compatibel device. Any suggestions to get it fixed?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

The port on the laptop is described as follows in the Manual:

USB type C 3.1 port Gen 1 supporting charging and data transfer

This likely means it supports charging a connected USB device like a cell phone. If the laptop could be powered from the USB-C port that is usually described as Power Delivery. I see a barrel type AC adapter is provided with the laptop and generally if the laptop can be powered and charged from USB-C that type of adapter is delivered with the laptop. 

HP Recommended

Hi Huffer, thanks for your answer really appreciated.

However this model is charged through the exact same USB-C 3.1 port and supplied with an USB-C 45W adapter. See below link for specs, that I’ve been able to locate in HP website. It supports data transfer and charging. The only thing I want to do is a pass through from the HP USB-C Multihub to add in an extra USB port.

Hope you can provide some additional guidance. Best,

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05098854 6B7ED9E7-F7C3-45BF-970E-7BF8DEB2EFD6.png

HP Recommended

So is this the device? 

https://www.amazon.com/HP-USB-C-Laptops-USB-HDMI/dp/B06XVF8JKX

So you are not trying to use it for pass-through charging but just as a usb hub? 

HP Recommended

Yes indeed, that is the multihub device I bought. I’m trying to both use pass-through to charge my HP X2 and add extra ports. i.e. use a mouse dongle while charging. 

Btw the hub works perfectly fine with an iPad Pro and Lenovo laptop.

HP Recommended

So it charges the iPad Pro and Lenovo?

HP Recommended

Yes it does. But does not charge HP Pavilion X2

HP Recommended

Gotta admit to having nothing more than what you said. HPs are finicky about what will charge them and I suspect the device is not delivering enough current for the HP to accept a charge from it but that's a guess. I am not sure it is intended as a pass-through charger although if you attach your usb-C charger to it some juice is going to flow through. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.