2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

HP Pavilion x360 11 - k120nd - Install SSD drive

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360 11 - k120nd
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

i have a HP Pavilion x360 11 - k120nd where i want to replace the current HDD for an SSD.

to this purpase i purchased a Crucial MX200 500GB SSD.

I have tested this drive in another workstation and it works correctly.

However, when i swap the HDD in the tablet/laptop the system states there is no drive; Error 301.

Is there any way i can make this work; is there a BIOS setting i need to change before the drive is detected?

The drive is brand spanging new and tested OK in a desktop.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
3,798 3,735 201 435
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @tmaniac,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I understand you are having an issue with installing a SSD. I will be glad to help you.

Per page 17 of the  Maintenance and Service Guide .  This computer has only been test with a 500-GB, 5400-rpm, 8 GB hybrid SSD, 7.0-mm part number 732000-005 and up to 128 GB SSD part numbers 809555-001 and 830391-001.

Please keep me informed of how things went. 

If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".
To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below! 🙂

Thanks.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have tested the laptop with a Samsung 1TB SSD, this drive is detected just fine.

So it's not a size-issue.

could it be that Crucial is, for some strange reason, not compatible with HP?

i'm really tring to find the WHY in this situation.

The bios is so locked-down that i'm not really able to change anything.

If i change the bootup to legacy and go into bootmanager i do see the drive listed; any OS setup i run after that states there is no drive present (and the smart-error is still present)

It's allmost as if the bios is preventing the system to write to the SSD for some magical reason.

is there anything i can change in the bios to let me use the SSD?

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation