Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I read on a memory site dealer that HP Pavilion x360 laptops provide 2 slots for ram sticks so I could install a 2x4Gb kit. But Piriform Speccy software gives a total memory slots of one. Is this model 13-s121ca an exception?

Thanks for any answer

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

This is from the Manual HP has assigned to that model:

Manual

Memory 2 SODIMM slots DDR3L-1600 Support for DDR3L-1600 Support for dual channel Supports up to 16384-MB maximum on-board system memory

See page 38. You have to remove the motherboard from the chassis to access the memory slots. 

Information is a bit hard to find but it appears your laptop has an i3-6100U processor and the only mnodels I have seen with just a single slot are Celeron and Pentium models.  

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

HP Recommended
Thanks Huffer,

I already checked that document and realized that it does not cover my model which is 13-s121
HP Pavilion x360 Convertible PC (model numbers: 13-s000 through 13-s099)

I'm not fond of open my new laptop before having a strong confirmation about this question 🙂

HP Recommended

It is the Manual HP has associated with your laptop and sometimes if there has been no change in the configuration HP will continue to use the Manual for immediately prior models. So this is the strongest confirmation you are going to get. Sorry I do not have one to open myself and visually confirm. 

HP Recommended

Hi Huffer,

It must be totally disassembled in order to access the memory module.  I have disassembled laptops but not again. Shame on HP. 

The only info I found about this question was here and it's not accurate:

http://www.crucial.com/usa/en/compatible-upgrade-for/HP-Compaq/hp-pavilion-x360-convertible-%28intel...

Finally it probably has only one slot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ivu6XUZF78

thanks again and have a nice day.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.