Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion x360 14-ba170ng
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi Community,

I would like to upgrade the internal SSD of my laptop with a higher capacity. Unfortunately I'm completely lost when it comes which SSD to buy.

Currently my Laptop (Pavilion x360 14-ba170ng) has one SSD 128gb and a HDD 1TB. I want to exchange the SSD by one with 256gb or even 512gb.

Which specification do I need to look out for? I understand that the SSD needs to be SATA-3 and M.2 Which formfactors - 2240, 2260 or 2280 does it need to have and does it need to be a "M and B" key? Any other specification I need to consider when buying?

Thank you ever so much for your input and support

Mark

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi, Mark:

Your notebook uses a M.2 2280 SATA SSD.

In my opinion, this M.2 SATA SSD provides the best performance for the price....

Western Digital WD Blue 3D NAND Internal SSD Hard: Amazon.de: Computers & Accessories

Below is the link to the service manual, where you can find the SSD removal and replacement procedure.

Maintenance and Service Guide HP Pavilion x360 14m Convertible PCIMPORTANT! This document is intende...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.