Level 1
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

HP Pavilion x360 14-dh0500na and PCIe SSD

HP Recommended
Pavilion x360 14-dh0500na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Following advice on Crucial's website I purchased a 1Tb Sabrent NVMe SSD for my laptop. I cloned the internal SSD (128Gb SATA) using Acronis. On swapping the new SSD into the laptop it would not boot and would not even recognise a disk being present. Is this laptop supposed to support NVMe PCIe SSDs? The HP service manual also shows both SATA and PCIe disks as being options for this laptop.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 19
Level 19
84,788 84,675 10,710 22,963
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@tekkydave wrote:

... I cloned the internal SSD (128Gb SATA) using Acronis. ....

@tekkydave 

I know that is crazy BUT it already has SATA, why change to NVMe in the first place. The interface itself may only support SATA.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

As many online sellers report that this pc will support the faster nvme SSD and I also want more space I thought it was a sensible purchase. I would like a definite yes/no from HP as to whether the PC does support it.

I can't find any reference in the manual of what SSD type the M2 socket will take.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
4 3 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am returning the Sabrent SSD to Amazon. It would be great to get a definitive answer from HP about what type, capacity, speed etc of devices will fit this laptop. Most of the HP manuals for their other laptops are clear about this but the manual for the x360 14-dh0500na is very sparse on techical details.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
4 3 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Anyone from HP monitoring this forum at all? This laptop seems to be suffering from a lack of technical support. I realise it's not a current model but some indication of what M2 SSDs it supports would be appreciated. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation