Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion x360 14-dh0500na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Following advice on Crucial's website I purchased a 1Tb Sabrent NVMe SSD for my laptop. I cloned the internal SSD (128Gb SATA) using Acronis. On swapping the new SSD into the laptop it would not boot and would not even recognise a disk being present. Is this laptop supposed to support NVMe PCIe SSDs? The HP service manual also shows both SATA and PCIe disks as being options for this laptop.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@tekkydave wrote:

... I cloned the internal SSD (128Gb SATA) using Acronis. ....

@tekkydave 

I know that is crazy BUT it already has SATA, why change to NVMe in the first place. The interface itself may only support SATA.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

As many online sellers report that this pc will support the faster nvme SSD and I also want more space I thought it was a sensible purchase. I would like a definite yes/no from HP as to whether the PC does support it.

I can't find any reference in the manual of what SSD type the M2 socket will take.

HP Recommended

I am returning the Sabrent SSD to Amazon. It would be great to get a definitive answer from HP about what type, capacity, speed etc of devices will fit this laptop. Most of the HP manuals for their other laptops are clear about this but the manual for the x360 14-dh0500na is very sparse on techical details.

HP Recommended

Anyone from HP monitoring this forum at all? This laptop seems to be suffering from a lack of technical support. I realise it's not a current model but some indication of what M2 SSDs it supports would be appreciated. Thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.