Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360 Convertible 14-cd0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi! 

I have a HP Pavilion x360 Convertible 14-cd0xxx laptop (18 months old)  with an active expanded warranty on it. 

While opening the laptop I found that the bottom part of the touchscreen is mobile, as it is sticking out a few mms from the backing on both of the bottom corners. The problem gets worse the wider I open the laptop. The screen itself is not damaged, it has no problems working, the touchscreen is also working.  If I gently push on the corners of the screen, it clicks back to the cover and stays put until I close and open the laptop again. 
The laptop was not dropped, it always travels in a cushioned laptop sleeve and I was not even using the 360 function as the sellers warned against it (due to common hinge problems) when I bought the computer.
Is this a glueing or a hinge issue? How long would it take (approx.) for the service to fix the problem (as I use the computer for work)? 

laptop.jpg
One other minor construction weakness I found with the laptop is that the bottom of the side aluminium paneling on the left side bent with the first unplugging of a USB stick from the plug placed there. The bottom part of the USB slit is not supported by anything, it is just a small and thin aluminimum piece. The USB plug is still working fine, it is just aesthetically unplesant to look at the bent metal:(  
Is the screen problem a common one? Should I leave the laptop open at all times? What can I do to maintain the state of the screen until I can ship off the computer to one of the service points? 

Thank you in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@origyrl

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

We shall escalate this case.

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23
HP Recommended

@origyrl

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

We shall escalate this case.

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

IMG_3953.jpgIMG_3952.jpgIMG_3950.jpg

Hi, I have a very similar issue with my HP 14inch x360 Pavilion laptop, only to a much more extreme extent. This issue started off as the previous post described, but after a few weeks of opening and closing the laptop with the screen popping out, one of the times I opened it there was a big snap and this piece came out the bottom left of the screen, and I have tried to put it back into place but it will not budge. The screen still works fine I just would like to know if there was anyway I could fix this part by myself. Thanks

HP Recommended

@avijivanani

Welcome to HP support community.

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have the exact same problem with the exact model number. Did you ever get a solution for this? I had an earlier Pavilion fall apart at the hinge in the same fashion but assumed they had fixed the issue with the hinges in the years since. I bought this unit for my wife and she has been very gentle with it yet the hinge screws still came out. It’s frustrating that less than 6 months out of warranty we have to deal with this. I’m also not encouraged by the horror stories I’ve read about the process for getting it replaced. 

HP Recommended

Hi, I did get my issue resolved. I sent my unit to the HP care facility and they replaced the screen and hinge and everything is fine again, I would get in touch with an employee through this message board and work out a way to send your laptop over. It also wasn't a nightmare of a process haha they sent a box with a label and I sent them my laptop and they had it fixed and back to me within a week. Hope this is of some help

HP Recommended

I own an HP Pavilion x360 that's experiencing the same issue. The lower left corner of the display is peeling away from the frame. I have been gentle with the laptop especially when converting it to tablet mode, placing pressure in the top-middle of the frame rather than the corners. For now, the display is functional, but I expect the problem will worsen to resemble the posts above. The laptop is 18 months old.

What would you recommend?

HP Recommended

I'm having the exact same problem as the laptop was making a click sound whenever I opened or closed it for about a week. Then, a piece that was holding the screen to the rest of the laptop together broke off so now the screen is popping out in that corner. The display on the screen is fine but I can't close my laptop due to a piece from inside the screen sticking out so I just wanted to know if there's a way that I can fix it.

HP Recommended

i also have same problem,,i noticed this 13th month,now 15months completed.seriously something wrong in manufacturing- its a  manufacturing defect or Design defect.

HP team please replace them in FOC. like the automotive companys do for failures.

Sincere request,

HP Recommended

I have the same exact problem! I'm very gentle with this laptop and don't use it as notebook as much. Today I was opening it and I heard a click and the display screen lifted at the right corner. I don't want to keep opening and closing the laptop as I'm afraid it'll get worse. I use this computer for school and with classes going online this is unacceptable, I can't lose access to classes if this affects the display later on. What do I do?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.