12-02-2019 07:14 PM
1. I would like to upgrade my SSD and Installed SSD Adata SX8200 Pro M2. NVMe - 1TB XPG PCIe Gen 3x4 M.2 - 1 TB, can this type laptop support for NVMe SSD due to the current installed is SanDisk SD9SN8W-128G-1006? please advise.
2. The 1 TB HDD will replaced with SSD ADATA SU800 2TB ULTIMATE SSD 2.5" SATA 3, does this SSD compatible to replace the HDD? please advise
3. Should I upgrade my RAM as well?? the current installed is Samsung Sodimm 8Gb DDR4 PC4-19200 (M471A1K43BB1-CRC)
Thank you and your advise is highly appreciated
12-02-2019 10:56 PM
What is your HP Pavilion x360 Convertible 14-cd0xxx ? For example HP Pavilion x360 - 14-cd0018tu, its specs
The above machine has M.2 SATA 3 SSD ( SanDisk SD9SN8W-128G-1006) as you already know. In general, your machine is very close to the above machine therefore
- Storage It is much better to use same series/specs of existing M.2 SSD for compatible. But the series does support NVMe drives therefore NVMe drives should work. You can replace normal 2.5" HDD with SSD, that is much simpler.
- For RAM: machines supports 16GB max, you can simply add SAME Samsung RAM to the second slot.
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.