Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360 Convertible 14-cd0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Dear Community,

1. I would like to upgrade my SSD and Installed SSD Adata SX8200 Pro M2. NVMe - 1TB XPG PCIe Gen 3x4 M.2 - 1 TB, can this type laptop support for NVMe SSD due to the current installed is SanDisk SD9SN8W-128G-1006? please advise.

2. The 1 TB HDD will replaced with SSD ADATA SU800 2TB ULTIMATE SSD 2.5" SATA 3, does this SSD compatible to replace the HDD? please advise

3. Should I upgrade my RAM as well?? the current installed is Samsung Sodimm 8Gb DDR4 PC4-19200 (M471A1K43BB1-CRC)

Thank you and your advise is highly appreciated

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Randalas 

What is your HP Pavilion x360 Convertible 14-cd0xxx  ?  For example HP Pavilion x360 - 14-cd0018tu, its specs

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c06123498

The above machine has M.2 SATA 3 SSD ( SanDisk SD9SN8W-128G-1006) as you already know. In general, your machine is very close to the above machine therefore

1. Storage It is much better to use same series/specs of existing M.2 SSD for compatible. But the series does support NVMe drives therefore NVMe drives should work. You can replace normal 2.5" HDD with SSD, that is much simpler.
  2. For RAM: machines supports 16GB max, you can simply add SAME Samsung RAM to the second slot.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.