Honor Student
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Pavilion x360 Deck Squeaking

HP Pavilion x360 14-ba025tu
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Recently, I've noticed that the lower right part of the deck next to the trackpad squeaks when pressure is applied. It also depresses and feels like it is seperating from the frame/chasis. I was wondering if this is normal. No other part of the deck squeaks and I'm still in the warranty period. I just want to be sure that it's not a problem that will affect me later when I'm out of warranty.

P.S: If this is not normal, is it covered under warranty?

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,795 12,338 1,164 2,385
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Pavilion x360 Deck Squeaking

Hi @xXAzhengXx,

Good Day. A warm welcome to the HP community. I reviewed the case regarding issues with the notebook’s touchpad makes squeaky noises when pressed. It looks like it depresses when pressure is applied and seems to be peeing off from the base enclosure of the notebook. I will be delighted to assist you here.

Superb description,  and terrific observations made before posting. Kudos to you for that. 🙂

To assist you with accurate information I would require more information regarding this.

• Was the notebook ever dropped or was there any kind of accidental damage to it?

For now, let me keep you informed about a few things.

• If there is accidental damage or the notebook has been dropped, then the standard warranty may not cover the cost of repair and there may be additional charges for getting it repaired.
  • However, if this happened due to normal wear and tear and the notebook did not get involved in damages or drops, then the manufacturer’s warranty should take of repair for you.
  • If it were dropped and you have an accidental damage protection (ADP) plan for it then it should still be covered by the ADP that you may have purchased.
  • Hope this clarifies the situation for you.

Furthermore please perform these things.

• Please don’t sit on it and wait for the warranty to end. It will not be covered. I am mentioning this to you by keeping your best interest in mind and trying to save you a lot of money.
  • It looks like a hardware issue and the touchpad needs to be replaced as long as there is no damage or drops.
  • It is not normal for the touchpad to depress or squeak or come loose.
  • Please contact HP phone support to get it repaired or serviced. Steps to contact HP support:

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://hp.care/2r9wSvP

• Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.
  • Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.
  • Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.
  • Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

If the unit is under warranty, the manufacturer’s warranty should take care of it for you.

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation