Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion 15 bc513tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

DXGI Error Device Removed , or Device Hung in all games/applications . Im using all stock drivers . The laptop model is HP Pavillion 15-bc513tx . https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c06386980 

I bought this device in 2019 September and I cannot fix this problem since then . HP Support cannot do anything except install drivers . They controlled my laptop remotely , downloaded original drivers and made me factory reset my laptop . Nothing works . I begged them to escalate the issue but they never listened to me.

I came here after months of trying out all different kind of fixes ( Underclock / Undervolt / TdrDelay / TdrLevel / Win XP Mode / Newer Drivers 451/ Older drivers 431.31 / sfc ) ( none of them worked). NVIDIA forums asked me do the following Try this: Download Intel VGA 6519 Download NVIDIA VGA 441.45 Download DDU (get the 18.0.1.5 or NEWER) Disconnect from the Wifi | Lan Search(runbox) > Msconfig > Boot(tab) > Boot Option> check the SAFE BOOT ... Apply and Reboot. Run DDU Select: NVIDIA Software and drivers Select: Clean, do not restart Select: Intel Software and drivers Select: Clean, do not restart Search(runbox) > Msconfig > Boot(tab) > Boot Option> Un check the SAFE BOOT ... Apply and Reboot. Back in normal Windows: Install the Intel VGA Reboot Install the NVIDIA VGA Reboot Connect to the Wifi | Lan Retest the system. Retest the issue. It doesnt fix anything at all .

I did it multiple times. Over these months I have tried >60 Popular Games and only 4 of them run for more than 15 mins . All others crash instantly/ after a few seconds .

The event manager shows a 48 log entries after each crash. I have screenshots of all of them in order .

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1gdqjR_maBCj-BMbf0Iz7PIZbeFxdDdSD?usp=sharing

I lost most of my screenshots due to factory reset and you can find them in the above link .

Speccy : http://speccy.piriform.com/results/rq7f01zzxzxVqsikJQiGzin

Im sharing some of my efforts to find a stable configuration that works ,  I am taking NFS The Run as my test game.

I have tried various configurations :

1. With GFE , 720p low runs for 32 seconds .

2. With GFE , (-102 MHz on memory clock , -97 on core clock ) , 720p low runs for 9 mins . Max GPU temp 48 celcius

3. With above underclock , win xp compatibility mode , 1080p low runs for 1min 37 secs Max GPU temp 50 celcius

So I did a clean reinstall of all drivers again ( using DDU ) and didnt install GFE

1.1080p ultra , game runs for 2 seconds and then GPU usage falls to zero percentage . Everything stutters including start menu . This shows up as issue 14 in event logs .

2. with TdrDelay Qword = 8 as per microsofts official support , 1080p ultra runs for 2 mins . This shows up as 48 entries of issue 13 ( check GDrive link for screenshots)

3. With same above , any underclock leads to instant crash ( which happens in most games by default ) .

I have stress tested GPU with FurMark3D and it appears to be okay even after 15 mins.

List of games which work for atleast 15 mins : NFS Most Wanted 2005 black Edition , Half Life 2 ,COD Modern Warfare 2 and COD Modern Warfare 3 .

Some of the games and apps which crash instantly :- Forza Horizon 3 and 4 , Forza Motorsport 7 , COD Black ops series , Call of Duty WW2, NFS 12 , NFS Payback , Asphalt 8 and 9 , Battlefield 5 , Valorant , Apex Legends , PUBG Lite , No Man's Sky , Firewatch , Autodesk Fusion 360 , MSC Adams , 3D models in photoshop and FakeApp ML.

Another thing , I havent yet found a single buyer who doesnt complain about the exact same issue . This laptop seems to be a very big scam , hundreds of people have been complaining but HP doesnt listen . For those who are having the same laptop and issue please record your efforts and interactions with support because once the pandemic is gone , we are going to meet in Consumer Court . HP cannot sell us a $1000+ laptop which doesnt work .

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.