cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

HP Pavillion 15 bc513tx DXGI Error ( 99.9% applications NOT working )

HP Recommended
HP Pavillion 15 bc513tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

DXGI Error Device Removed , or Device Hung in all games/applications . Im using all stock drivers . The laptop model is HP Pavillion 15-bc513tx . https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c06386980 

I bought this device in 2019 September and I cannot fix this problem since then . HP Support cannot do anything except install drivers . They controlled my laptop remotely , downloaded original drivers and made me factory reset my laptop . Nothing works . I begged them to escalate the issue but they never listened to me.

I came here after months of trying out all different kind of fixes ( Underclock / Undervolt / TdrDelay / TdrLevel / Win XP Mode / Newer Drivers 451/ Older drivers 431.31 / sfc ) ( none of them worked). NVIDIA forums asked me do the following Try this: Download Intel VGA 6519 Download NVIDIA VGA 441.45 Download DDU (get the 18.0.1.5 or NEWER) Disconnect from the Wifi | Lan Search(runbox) > Msconfig > Boot(tab) > Boot Option> check the SAFE BOOT ... Apply and Reboot. Run DDU Select: NVIDIA Software and drivers Select: Clean, do not restart Select: Intel Software and drivers Select: Clean, do not restart Search(runbox) > Msconfig > Boot(tab) > Boot Option> Un check the SAFE BOOT ... Apply and Reboot. Back in normal Windows: Install the Intel VGA Reboot Install the NVIDIA VGA Reboot Connect to the Wifi | Lan Retest the system. Retest the issue. It doesnt fix anything at all .

I did it multiple times. Over these months I have tried >60 Popular Games and only 4 of them run for more than 15 mins . All others crash instantly/ after a few seconds .

The event manager shows a 48 log entries after each crash. I have screenshots of all of them in order .

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1gdqjR_maBCj-BMbf0Iz7PIZbeFxdDdSD?usp=sharing

I lost most of my screenshots due to factory reset and you can find them in the above link .

Speccy : http://speccy.piriform.com/results/rq7f01zzxzxVqsikJQiGzin

Im sharing some of my efforts to find a stable configuration that works ,  I am taking NFS The Run as my test game.

I have tried various configurations :

1. With GFE , 720p low runs for 32 seconds .

2. With GFE , (-102 MHz on memory clock , -97 on core clock ) , 720p low runs for 9 mins . Max GPU temp 48 celcius

3. With above underclock , win xp compatibility mode , 1080p low runs for 1min 37 secs Max GPU temp 50 celcius

So I did a clean reinstall of all drivers again ( using DDU ) and didnt install GFE

1.1080p ultra , game runs for 2 seconds and then GPU usage falls to zero percentage . Everything stutters including start menu . This shows up as issue 14 in event logs .

2. with TdrDelay Qword = 8 as per microsofts official support , 1080p ultra runs for 2 mins . This shows up as 48 entries of issue 13 ( check GDrive link for screenshots)

3. With same above , any underclock leads to instant crash ( which happens in most games by default ) .

I have stress tested GPU with FurMark3D and it appears to be okay even after 15 mins.

List of games which work for atleast 15 mins : NFS Most Wanted 2005 black Edition , Half Life 2 ,COD Modern Warfare 2 and COD Modern Warfare 3 .

Some of the games and apps which crash instantly :- Forza Horizon 3 and 4 , Forza Motorsport 7 , COD Black ops series , Call of Duty WW2, NFS 12 , NFS Payback , Asphalt 8 and 9 , Battlefield 5 , Valorant , Apex Legends , PUBG Lite , No Man's Sky , Firewatch , Autodesk Fusion 360 , MSC Adams , 3D models in photoshop and FakeApp ML.

Another thing , I havent yet found a single buyer who doesnt complain about the exact same issue . This laptop seems to be a very big scam , hundreds of people have been complaining but HP doesnt listen . For those who are having the same laptop and issue please record your efforts and interactions with support because once the pandemic is gone , we are going to meet in Consumer Court . HP cannot sell us a $1000+ laptop which doesnt work .

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation