04-01-2012 07:43 AM
The power connector light only goes on if the adaptor plug is in a certain position. The light goes off if I move the laptop or turn the plug in a different position. Do I need to replace the DC adaptor jack or the DC socket?
04-01-2012 11:25 AM - last edited on 02-21-2017 05:38 PM by OscarFuentes
As per your question the check with the paper pin if the DC Jack on the Notebook is Loose if Yes replace the Jack on the Notebook. Or check if the Ac Adapter pin is bent then replace the Adapter. Check the Web link given below might be helpful for you.
Let us know how it goes!
*Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
*Did my response help with your issue? If so, please give me Kudos by clicking the "Kudos" button. Thanks!
"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot