Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

hai Paul, how are you?

i have an HP pavilion g6-1113TU Notebook PC

is it possible to upgrade/replace the graphic card and RAM on this notebook?

HP Recommended

Hi:

I am doing fine thanks, and I hope you are too.

The graphics on your notebook cannot be upgraded or replaced without a complete motherboard change.

This normally costs as much as buying a new notebook with better graphics, so that is not an economical option.

You can find the memory upgrade info in chapter 1, page 3 of the service manual at the link below.

Maximum is 2 x 4GB of memory.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c02834221.pdf

HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

I've got a g6-2053ef with 2,1 GHz APU AMD Quad-Core A8-4500M avec carte graphique Radeon HD 7640G + 7670M Dual Graphics and 6 Go ram DDR3.

Same question here but i dlike to know can i upgrade the cpu to the richland a10 5750m  HD 8650G but i believe that would mean i would have to change the gpu 7670M to an other one if i still want to use . if it is not possible can i change instead to a A10 4600M Radeon™ HD 7660G so i believe the graphic card would not have to be change. Although I believe wichever i chose I will have to update the BIOS ? Does HP would release it ?

Best regards

HP Recommended

HI:

I would say no to the A10-5750M, and I can't say for sure, but it does look like you can upgrade to the A10-4600M processor.

Please see chapter 4 of the service manual, page 72, where it shows the removal and replacement procedures for the processor and lists the supported processors with part #'s.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03277661.pdf

HP Recommended

Thank you paul for the answer.

HP Recommended

Oh and by the way would it be possible to change from AMD Radeon HD 7670M with 1 GB of dedicated video memory which is what i have for a AMD Radeon HD 7670M with 2 GB of dedicated video memory which is what i suppose to come along the A10 4600m when it s the native cpu.... or is it wich i am afraid of a NO WAy haha 🙂

Don't know if i am really clear tho.

Looking forward for you reply.

thanks

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I would say that would require a motherboard replacement.

Look at chapter 3 to confirm that there is a separate motherboard that has a 7670M with 2 GB of memory.

HP Recommended

haha, you are right once again so the answer is the big NO way 🙂

HP Recommended

Hi paul I know this is not the place for it but I have a problem with th HD 7640G + 7670M dual graphic.

Catalyst says that My Vram is only 512mb.

I posses a g6 2053ef so I think it should at least be 1 Gb no ?

My drivers and BIOS are updated.

PLease I need some help

Cheers

HP Recommended

Hi:

It may depend on what graphics card the catalyst is looking at.

This is right from the product specs for your notebook:

Video GraphicsAMD Radeon HD 7640G + 7670M Dual GPU (1 GB DDR3 dedicated)

I think it is the 7670M that has the 1 GB of dedicated memory.

But other than that, I wouldn't know why it is reporting 512 MB.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.