Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion M3-du001-dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a HP Pavilion x360 Convertible M3-du001-dx  which houses Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-6100U 2.3 GHz , with 6GB ram. I want to upgrade it to Intel i7 Processor without replacing the motherboard. I would like to know if the hardware would be compatible? If this is possible and will I get good processing speed by making this change?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@mdyousuf

I can't find M3-du001-dx, only M3-u001dx. You can't upgrade to i7 and the top motherboard for the whole series is

Equipped with an Intel Core i5–6200U 2.3–GHz (up to 2.8–GHz) processor (1600–MHz front side bus (FSB), 3.0–MB L3 cache, dual core, 15W) and the Windows 10 operating system for use with the solid–state drive configuration  part # 855963–601

Note: You have to change ALL including motherboard because the CPU is soldered to the motherboard. This would be a very, very, very expensive upgrade, buying new machine could be cheaper.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@mdyousuf

I can't find M3-du001-dx, only M3-u001dx. You can't upgrade to i7 and the top motherboard for the whole series is

Equipped with an Intel Core i5–6200U 2.3–GHz (up to 2.8–GHz) processor (1600–MHz front side bus (FSB), 3.0–MB L3 cache, dual core, 15W) and the Windows 10 operating system for use with the solid–state drive configuration  part # 855963–601

Note: You have to change ALL including motherboard because the CPU is soldered to the motherboard. This would be a very, very, very expensive upgrade, buying new machine could be cheaper.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

THANK YOU.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.