Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion g6 2300
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
My laptop is on the blue screen of death for the first time since purchasing. I'm hoping someone can help me get this back to usable so I don't have to take it to someone I don't know.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Kellybringus

Thank you for replying with this detailed response 😉 

I appreciate your time and efforts,

I have decoded the failure ID: RUW41W-6KU8PR-MFPWWJ-61UD03

It seems to be a code (307) : Hard Disk 1 Optimized

I recommend you Contact HP to have the drive either repaired/replaced via HP:

HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get the phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

They will be happy to assist you immediately. 

If the unit is under warranty repair services under the manufacturer's warranty will be free of charge.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@Kellybringus

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂 

As I understand you are getting the BSOD error,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

When exactly do you get the error message/BSOD? is during startup or while using the computer?

Could you elaborate on the error and what's the error code?

While you respond to that, here's a few things you need to do:

since you haven’t captured the error code or message, 

I would request you to follow the below steps to capture and reply back with the error message/code to identify the issue and find a permanent fix: 

• In Windows, search for and open View advanced system settings. 

• In the Advanced tab, under Startup and Recovery, click Settings. 

• Under System Failure, remove the check mark next to automatically restart, and then click OK. 

• Restart the computer to apply the change. 

• The computer no longer restarts automatically when a blue screen error occurs. 

For more details: click here 

​​Please reply back with the error code as the issue is code specific and it would be rather easier to provide an accurate solution using the same. 

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
I was able to access the diagnosticsand ran tests. The hard-drive optimized dst check failed and the id was RUW41W-6KU8PR-MFPWWJ-61UD03.
HP Recommended

@Kellybringus

Thank you for replying with this detailed response 😉 

I appreciate your time and efforts,

I have decoded the failure ID: RUW41W-6KU8PR-MFPWWJ-61UD03

It seems to be a code (307) : Hard Disk 1 Optimized

I recommend you Contact HP to have the drive either repaired/replaced via HP:

HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get the phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

They will be happy to assist you immediately. 

If the unit is under warranty repair services under the manufacturer's warranty will be free of charge.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Thank u. I am no longer under warranty. This will probably cost a lot huh?
HP Recommended

@Kellybringus

Thank you for responding,

It's great to have you back 😉

You could either call them up and check for the prices via phone or simply Click here to check the parts and then Click here to order them online,

That said, I'm glad I could contribute towards resolving the issue and finding the solution you were looking for.

Thanks for taking the time to let the community know about the solution

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.

I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉 

To simply say thanks for my efforts to assist you, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos.

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Hello. So I ordered another hard-drive, my warranty is out. It arrived today, I put it in and unless I'm supposed to do something special with it, it's just loading the home screen, arrow circles when I go down to windows or the bottom period and then the screen started flashing. Any help u can give would be very appreciated.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.