Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Pavillion x2 13-r010dx

Pavillion x2 Detach r010dx
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

At first the track pad and keyboard stopped working.  THEN one of the USB ports quit working, and now it will only charge if you hold and wiggle the cord.  

I did buy a replacement Top cover with keyboard, and that did not solve the problem.  What are my options, besides having to buy a new laptop?  Can I buy a whole new/refurbished base?  This works as a tablet, but I don't need just a tablet.  I keep getting different answers from different people at HP, and it is frustrating to say the least.

2 REPLIES
Retired
Retired
2785 144 327
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Michelle32,

Welcome to the HP Forums! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I have read your post and wanted to help. I understand that you have experienced problems with the keyboard, touchpad, and USB ports.

Are you sure the problems are caused by the software of hardware?

You can run the hardware tests first:

HP Notebook PCs - Testing for Hardware Failures (Windows 10, 8)

Run the components test for the part that is not working.

If the hardware tests passed, reinstall the drivers to test the software.

HP Notebook PCs - Notebook Keyboard Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 8)

Troubleshooting when TouchPad does not work

HP PCs - Troubleshooting USB connections (Windows 10, 8)

If the hardware tests failed, need to replace the parts:

Here is the manual, and here is the HP Part Store to order the parts.

Or you can contact HP Phone Support to arrange a repair.

Thanks for being a part of the HP community. Please let me know if this helps resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution". If you require further assistance let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "thumbs up" to give me Kudos.

Regards,

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ”on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Michelle32 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I guess I gave up on having HP help with a solution.  I did do all of the suggestion actions to no avail.  I just took the laptop in to a computer repair shop last week, and they indicated I had a few issues:

Due to the keyboard/dock issue when the computer did a Windows update it locked they system and system bin.  They also told me that the circuitry on the original keyboard was defective.  By looking on the web, this particular unit had nothing but the same issues, so was this product a lemon?  I spent $600 on a laptop that didn't last 2 years. 

I think this is both a Windows issue, and an HP sub-par manufactured piece of equipment.  While I get this is not under warranty, I guess I am expecting HP to somewhat stand up for their products and do what is right.  I look forward to hearing your response on this same issue.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation