1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

HP ProBook 450 G6 Notebook USB ports

HP Recommended
HP ProBook 450 G6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello HP Community, 

I own a HP ProBook 450 G6 and i would like to ask about its usb ports. I tried to find an answer on the internet but nothing was clear, therefore i thought of trying the experts. 

The laptop has :

• (1) USB 3.1 Type-C Gen 1 (Power Delivery, DisplayPort)
• (2) USB 3.1 Gen 1
• (1) USB 2.0 (Powered port)
• (1) HDMI 1.4b
• (1) RJ-45/Ethernet port
• (1) Headphone/microphone combo jack
• (1) AC power port

My questions are for the usb 2.0-powered port. I understand that the usb 2.0 powered port (which has a physical "+" sign on the side) has different voltage output. Could you please let me know what is the difference on the usb ports regarding the voltage/current outputs.

Additional i would like to ask is there a risk of damaging my devices connected to the "usb 2.0 powered port"?

Last but not least i would like to ask, in case there is a major difference on the usbs' voltage/current outputs and there is a risk of damaging my devices; whether is possible to change the amount of the voltage outputs from each usb port. 

In conclusion what is the recommended use for the usb 2.0-powered port?

Thank you in advance. 
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation