12-03-2010 07:38 AM
Recently I've bought HP Probook 4720s, and sometimes keyboard stops working normally, some buttons not print on the screen (in any editor, notepad or ms word etc)
For example, if I print 10 times button "1" then "enter" in notepad, and repeat that several times, result will be:
PC system is Windows 7 Ultimate, BIOS is 16/09/2010, same problem occurs in Safe Mode.
Link to video with problem demonstration: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAFDb9HqEzs
Could anyone help me?
Actually issue described: http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-HP-Compaq-Armada-EVO/HP-ProBook-4720s-Keyboard-problem/td-p/23...
Maybe here HP support can provide with some solution! Thanks.
12-03-2010 08:36 AM
Is the unit under warranty? The warrant status can be checked here:
12-03-2010 08:48 AM
Yes, its under warranty, and I've already visited local HP support three times, they replaced me a keyboard in laptop but issue still exists.
They always say that they can't reproduce that problem. (as there is not simple way to reproduce it)
12-03-2010 08:58 AM
Can you reproduce the error using an external keyboard as well?
12-03-2010 09:48 AM
Sounds like a tricky one to me. Perhaps someone else on this forum has some ideas??
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot