Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi, I have just bought a HP Probook 470 G1. I installed Windows 7 Professional 64-bit and I am having trouble getting my wireless card to work. The problem appear after a random ammount of time, it can be 2 minutes or 1 hour or every 5 minutes. The problem appear when i use wireless networks simply can`t access adresses and need to wait arround 5 minutes for wifi adapter can connect to available networks, strange is that i can see the networks but can`t to connect to them, even if they are with passwords or whithout a password i got a message windows can`t connect to wifi network, tried to different access points, different routers and same problem, tried to install other OS like windows 8 or windows 8.1 and problem persist. 2 of my friends also have this NB and have same problem.

I don`t understand is this problem only with Mediatek(Mediatek MT7630E is installed) wi-fi adapter or other but all of us have same problem, and can`t locate the core of problem because it appears randomly every time...

Notebook product No.: E9Y68EA#ACB.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Guys,

This is the link to the FTP site with the new driver, as you can see there is a dedicated Windows 8.1 driver now.

ftp://wln45070:ck*BE3qv@ftp.usa.hp.com

Solved my problem! Had disconnects every 15 minutes. They are completely gone now!

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

I have the same problem too.

HP Recommended

Yeap, exactly the same issue here.  Wireless works perhaps for a few minutes and then disconnects and in my case can't reconnect. I have to disable to card and then re-enable.

OS = WIn7 64bit  This is only two days old and an out of the Box install.  I also ensured it has the latest drivers installed.  I suspect this is a fault with the Wireless Card or with the software that runs it. 

Tests:

1. I have tested this on two different brands ADSL Routers and same problem with both. 
  2. Checked all the HP Drivers were up to date
  3. I have also uninstalled the HP Connection manager as in the past have seen it cause issues.  Its still a problem.

I do IT Support for a living and have run out of troubleshooting ideas now.  My conclusion there is a Problem with the Hardware

HP Customer Support:  Can you please make a suggestion on how this can be fixed please as Wireless is essential for me.

HP Recommended

Ok, guys seems i found a solution for that problem, it`s temporaly because the problem is in Mediatek adapter and u need to change it, on hp service or to buy idk... SO... SOLUTION (work ONLY IF u have acces to router):Access your router and change wireless security do TKIP not AES, the speed of your wireless will be reduced but u don`t get any drops... After some weeks of tests that`s the thing that only works for me

HP Recommended

Irefutabil wrote: Access your router and change wireless security do TKIP not AES,

Interesing workaround/test. although, wouldn't be an acceptable solution as the included card should work with AES which is the normal/recommended protocol to use, especially as all other devices oround an office use AES. Its a good test though.

Has anyone called HP about this issue yet?  

HP Recommended

One thing that did help me is if I assigned a "Static IP" address to the Wireless card. It seems to stay connected. Regardless, this is just a workaround for Home users and not an option for Business Users.

I logged a case with HP and they are replacing the Wireless Card (Mediatek MT7630E 802.11bgn Wi-Fi Adapter) for an Intel one.

HP Recommended

Further to Above.
Solution (works for me): I assigned a Static IP address to the Wireless card and it started working fine, it connected immediately, and no drop outs.  After a couple of hours and a few restarts, I then switched card back to use DHCP and unlike before, it is now working well.

Tests: I restarted the Notebook several times to ensure it wasn't a one off.  So far no drop outs at all. Previous to this it wouldn't even stay connected for more than a few mins but more often wouldn't connect at all. 

A strange solution and can only guess the card needed a little kick or something. Time will tell. I cancelled the HP job to switch out the card as would rather keep the origional .

HP Recommended

Glad i landed this forum and can read your troubles.

Mine falls in the same category:

HP Probook 470 G1 with a Mediatek MT7630E 802.11bgn Wi-Fi Adapter, keeps disconnecting on me.

my symptoms are:

- Wireless works on start up and if continually used remains connected ...most the time

- But if laptop goes into hybernate state and is back on wireless goes ape on me

disconnnecting constantly, not allowing new connection setup

- Only after rebooting the PC do i get a fairly stable wifi connection

Actions:

- updated the wirelss driver ...  (sp 64950.exe from the HP drivers download page) will test it and see if hp has been able to update software ..

My conclusion from this forum

replacing wi-fi adapter is probably gonna solve the issue

Thanks you all for sharing twas helpful

/M

HP Recommended

Well i have call a HP SC and give them mine laptop for tests, after few days of tests (as i know they try to change wifi adapter and even motherboard but the problem persist ), coclusion was: We will replace wi-fi adapter with another one from other brand... From this answer i can only hope that guys from Mediatek will soon resolve the problem with their devices and will launch some driver update... My friend have been successfully changed the adapter for Atheros and no problems...

HP Recommended

Guys,

This is the link to the FTP site with the new driver, as you can see there is a dedicated Windows 8.1 driver now.

ftp://wln45070:ck*BE3qv@ftp.usa.hp.com

Solved my problem! Had disconnects every 15 minutes. They are completely gone now!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.