02-27-2017 08:42 PM
I'm trying to find the correct thunderbolt 3 dock station for my new Specter x360 . I noticed that HP has 2 dock stations offered for the Zbook. However, the wire from the dock station to the laptop is a dual USB-C & power jack.
1. If I will buy a standalone thunderbolt cable, will it work with my Specter x360 and the Zbook dock ?
2. I noticed there are 2 models of the Zbook dock : 150W and 200W . Which one should I get, if at all?
Thanks for your help!
03-03-2017 07:48 AM
Adding the same reply hear to help anyone else with the same question:
I am using this: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01D32V2B2/ HP Smart Buy Elite 65W TB3 Dock. It works great, it does charge the laptop, the only things that don't work for me are Wake Over Lan and the power button on the dock. I've read that those could be fixed with a driver update but I'm not holding my breath. I have the new Kaby Lake X360.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot