Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

I have similar lines that appear on my Spectre at just over an 10 months into the warranty. They are not present until the machine has been on for a while and is over 70% brightness. They are visible now on a black background or bright  have beewebsites. Drivers are updated and an  HP approved  shop verified the issue. Next step is to backup my content then I'll attempt a Windows reinstall.. only due to the request of the tech. The screen will need to be replaced. 

HP Recommended

I have the exact same problem. Not sure how to fix it. But when I wipe it, it gets better for a while then comes back.

HP Recommended

I just revomed the solution mark from this post because I believe its not solved. From the time I picked up my laptop from the store that cleaned it, I NEVER used again a screen cleaning liquid, of any kind. Those blurry lines come and go. I use just a dry cloth for cleaning. I don't get it, really. This problem is not caused by me. Definately.

HP Recommended

1006191345b.jpg

HP Recommended

I have the same issue and it looks horrible. I beginning to hate hp....this laptop has been very unreliable from the the get go with trackpad issues constantly.

HP Recommended

@Icedearth

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Betty0610

I have the same problem as with most of the people who are posting in this thread. This is not the quality I would expect from HP especially for such an expensive laptop.

I'm not sure why any of us should inconvenient ourselves to I prove that the screen of this laptop is made with such poor quality, this is job of your QA team. How is HP going to keep us as client when so many of us are having this problem and we have to prove it. This is completely ridiculous. If HP isn't going to fix this for us I can promise that this is the last HP I will ever own.

Thank you

HP Recommended

Mine is going in for for warranty this week. I will be paying close attention to how HP handles this screen issue. It looks so dam ugly with the streaks.Paid over 3000 dollars for this laptop only to give me grief. Trackpad issues that I had also are now resolved however it took far too long for a 3k item!!!! 

HP Recommended

Hello.

I have been waiting for private messages hoping that HP will find a solution to our problem. Are there any news? 

Regards

Alex

HP Recommended

Hi Alex. Mine is with HP at the moment...waiting on hearing what they have to say. Will update

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.