cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

HP Spectre 360 Motherboard burning

HP Recommended
Spectre 360
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)
I was using my HP Spectre 360 laptop one day and all of a sudden I started smelling a very unwanted burning scent coming from my laptop. Im just glad my house didn't burn up in flames. Ive only had tbis laptop 1 year and a half. Its out of warranty and I honestly feel like I have not gotten my $1,300 worth of my laptop. I love this laptop but I saved hard earned money to secure a superior brand and I cant afford to buy another laptop. Why isnt this on recall. Ive seen multiple complaints in regards to a burning motherboard. HP please help me understand how this issue can be resolved without breaking my pockets.
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
10,015 6,596 119 422
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Justin90

Thank you for posting your concerns on the HP Support Forums. I have brought your matters to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They may request for some additional information from you in order to look up your case or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Please keep in mind not to post any personal information publicly (serial numbers, phone numbers, and etc.). If you have any additional questions please send me a private message. Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I Work for HP
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
10 8 0 2
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hey Omar, can I get my case escalated as well, I had the same problem, the computer has a defect, as this is happening to too many units of a high end laptop and tech support/customer service are somehow unaware of this rampant problem or at least they pretend to be, so they provide no help.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
8,250 7,081 142 476
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Hewlett-Broken

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
7 6 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
My chip broke down and now this is the 2nd time my motherboard is down. Last time they took 6 months as their were a shortage of motherboards.
0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation