Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Spectre 360X 15"
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My brand new Spectre 360x has a Precision Touchpad that does not respond to changes in "wheel" speed to 2 finger vertical scrolling.  I've used the mouse properties interface to change the "number of lines at a time" to greater than 5 but the scroll speed remains very slow, as if it's set at 1.   I have the most current drivers for the touchpad installed: Synaptics PrecisionTouchPad Filter Driver 6/26/2019 19.5.35.46.  I'm currently running Windows 10 Pro and Microsoft updated this Spectre to version 1909 already.   Looking for a work-around on this scroll speed issue.   It makes web browsing very cumbersome and time consuming.   

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@busterbrown73 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are facing an issue with two-finger scrolling.

First, download the Synaptics software installer on the link below and save it to your Downloads folder.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp72001-72500/sp72344.exe

Next, open windows Control Panel, open Programs, and Features right-click the entry 'Synaptics Pointing Device Driver' and select Uninstall.

When this has completed, restart the notebook.

When windows have fully reloaded, open your Downloads folder, right-click the Synaptics installer and select 'Run as Administrator' to start the installation.  When this has completed, restart the notebook again.

Open windows Control Panel and in the top right, next to View by select 'Large Icons'.  From the new layout, select the Synaptics entry and check that the scrolling options are checked and Save any change - see the image below.

Synaptics Config.PNG

let me know how that pans out,

And the answer to the above question will help me, help you!

Keep me posted, and if any of the above questionnaires helped resolve the issue, 

Mark this post as an "Accepted Solution".

Good luck.

HP Recommended

That download link for the Synaptics driver has no file attached.  

HP Recommended

@busterbrown73 

Please click the below link to download the Synaptics driver.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp92501-93000/sp92533.exe

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

Nope.  That driver didn't correct the issues of having "no control of scroll speed".   Even after reinstalling the OS and reverting back to Windows version 1903, the touchpad does not provide an option to control scroll speed.   I've tried about every touchpad driver available from HP.  I think I may try a Lenovo touchpad driver as there seems to be some resolve to the lack of functionality of the HP's OEM Synamptics precision drivers.  Such a shame too.  For a premium built laptop, you would think HP would have the ability to create functional code for its proprietary hardware devices.  Touchpads have been around for quite a few years now.  As I've spent enough self-diagnosing man hours on this issue, the HP chat support was no help either.  They only provided a solution to send them back the laptop for warranty service.  Really?  It's a software driven problem.  Probably the last HP device I'll ever buy. 

HP Recommended

@busterbrown73

Thank you for the update.

We do not have the option to take the remote control and check. I would suggest you contact our phone support.

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

Referring me to phone support is just about as viable as a solution as placing my new Spectre on a bed of hot coals in my bbq pit.  The advice offered by your "phone tech" to return the unit for repair due to a "Hardware issue" was as randomized as playing and winning the $375 Million Powerball this week.  It's a software driver failure with the OEM touchpad as HP has a poor performance record with creating code that actually works.  Just do a comprehensive WWW search on "HP touchpad driver failures".  As experienced first hand, the support team at HP is ill-equipped to handle an open touchpad software driver issue.  Apparently until HP manages to release a working touchpad driver that communicates properly with the hardware, I'm stuck with  "snail speed" windows vertical scrolling. 

And no, this conversation has been no help either.  It started out with a bogus, empty link.

HP Recommended

@busterbrown73

I understand your concerns.

For this issue we have to take remote control and check. We do not have option to take the remote control and fix the issue.

I would suggest you to contact our phone support, Do not worry. They will take remote control and fix the issue.

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.